The acid is highly reactive with scale and carbonates due to the slow generation of heat (300° to 465⁰ F or 150 – 240 C). Reactivity measured in the lab is ~ 4 times as reactive as liquid acid @ 75° F (24 C).
Penetration and contact to the formation is increased due to low viscosity vapor, and Reduces the tendency for channeling downward to the water leg due to the low density of the reactive acid.
- No transportation or pumping of corrosive acid occurs for treatment
- All hazardous chemicals are restricted to downhole
- Reduces exposure of hazardous chemicals to personnel
- Eliminates tubular and pumping equipment corrosion
- Eliminates post-treatment cleanup swabbing – acid is fully spent
- Eliminates effluent handling charges – trucking and disposal
- Reduces rig time and other ancillary equipment charges
- Minimizes treatment execution time– many jobs are under 4 hours